The Cryptera Platform offers our customers the ability to develop software for Cryptera hardware all while maintaining the security, encryption and certification requirements.
ENABLE SECURE PAYMENTS EASILY
Create. Develop. Deploy. Today’s consumer expects a quick and convenient payment process. Cryptera products provide an elegant and trustworthy user interface. But we go deeper than that. Cryptera offerings include a new Platform that provides an excellent basis for secure payment applications.
This secure environment supports a variety of functions, enabling secure payments using the latest technologies. Utilizing our core capabilities in providing security for all kinds of payment systems, this new platform architecture will ease the burden associated with PCI & EMV compliance in contact and contactless payment solutions for a broad range of card schemes.
The Cryptera Platform is a key element in the Cryptera product portfolio. It is implemented in the Cryptera Payment Controller, and provides the basis for a broad range of products spanning traditional EPPs, CryptoTouch for secure entry on touch-screens, and secure card readers for contact and contactless cards. Combine these devices as you wish, to get a payment terminal that supports your specific needs, whether you’re building an ATM, a self-service kiosk or a forecourt payment solution.
The platform includes an EMV Level 2 approved kernel for contact chip cards, which – together with the contactless kernels in the NFC Reader – facilitates implementation of Payment Applications for handling any type of payment card available, including magstripe cards as needed.
The Cryptera Payment Controller allows partners to host and easily change their payment processing software without compromising PCI or EMV compliance standards. The embedded Linux platform is available to payment application developers through the Cryptera Software Development Kit. More information on the Cryptera SDK can be found here.
Applications deployed on the Payment Controller needs to be signed using a Signing Tool provided as part of the Cryptera SDK. Together with the trusted boot process, the signing assures that the Payment Controller only accepts and executes legit Payment Applications from trusted partners.
REDUCE THE BURDEN OF PCI COMPLIANCE
Not only does the Cryptera Platform assist our partners in creating PA-DSS compliant solutions, it also relieves some of the burden related to PCI DSS compliance for integrators and merchants:
Card data are transported in encrypted form between devices, they are processed on a secure platform, application integrity is verified, and access to make configuration changes is restricted. All this will be highly appreciated by the PCI DSS Qualified Security Accessor that performs the evaluation of the complete solution.
CRYPTERA PLATFORM FEATURES
HIGH SECURITY ARCHITECTURE
- Supports a range of cryptographic schemes needed for PCI compliance, like AES, 3DES, RSA and SHA
- Hardware security features like tamper detection mechanisms, secure key storage and True Random Number Generator (TRNG)
- Multiple key load and key management schemes are included, like sRKL and cRKL, TR-34, DUKPT, TR-31 & Master/Session
- The optimized cryptographic processing of the secure MPU ensures fast payment transaction
FLEXIBILITY FOR APPROVALS
- The embedded security of the Cryptera Platform facilitate PA-DSS and thus PCI DSS compliance
- The platform includes EMV kernels for contact and contactless payment
- Broad range of contactless payment card schemes are supported (Visa Paywave™, MasterCard MCL™, JCB J/Speedy™, Discover D-PAS™, American Express ExpressPay™, Interac Flash™) and wallets (Apple Pay™, Google Pay™ and Samsung Pay™)
- Provides a wide range of connectivity options like Ethernet, USB and RS232
SUPPORT BROAD RANGE OF PAYMENT SOLUTIONS
- Designed to ensure flexibility and security in current and future payment systems
- The Cryptera product range will expand to include “all-in-one” payment, CryptoTouch, modular payment & PIN verification solutions
- The Cryptera Platform is Linux based
- The Cryptera Software Development Kit (SDK) provides a complete set of resources for developing payment applications on the Cryptera Platform