The Cryptera Platform offers our customers the ability to develop software for Cryptera hardware all while maintaining the security, encryption and certification requirements.
ENABLE SECURE PAYMENTS EASILY
Create. Develop. Deploy. Today’s consumer expects a quick and convenient payment process. Cryptera products provide an elegant and trustworthy user interface. But we go deeper than that. Cryptera offerings include a new Multizone Platform that provides an excellent basis for secure payment applications.
This secure environment supports a variety of functions, enabling secure payments using the latest technologies. Utilizing our core capabilities in providing security for all kinds of payment systems, this new platform architecture will ease the burden associated with PCI & EMV compliance in contact and contactless payment solutions for a broad range of card schemes.
The Cryptera Multizone Platform is a key element in the Cryptera product portfolio. It is implemented in the Cryptera NFC Controller. In the future it will provide the basis for a broad range of products spanning traditional EPPs, CryptoTouch for secure entry on touch-screens and controllers that can handle most of the tasks required in the ATM and kiosk environment.
TWO SECURE ZONES
Cryptera Multizone Platform is a secure hosting environment split into two different security zones – the High Security Zone and the Trusted Security Zone. A hardware-based firewall exists between the two zones.
HIGH SECURITY ZONE
The Cryptera concept defines a High Security Zone to hold the most sensitive functions of the devices. The software in this zone is developed by Cryptera based on our 30 years of experience in the secure payment business. This software is PCI PTS approved and part of the Cryptera delivery.
The High Security Zone is used for encryption keys, private keys for key management, software that protects device integrity and verifies that the device is authorized for operation. This zone also offers high security services for cryptographic operations that can be used by the applications in the Trusted Security Zone.
TRUSTED SECURITY ZONE
Separated by an ironclad hardware firewall, the Trusted Security Zone is where Cryptera partners can load and easily make changes to their processing software without compromising PCI or EMV compliance standards. The Trusted Security Zone is available to payment application developers through the Cryptera Software Development Kit. More information on the Cryptera SDK can be found here.
EMV level 2 approved kernels for contact and contactless chip cards are part of the Cryptera Multizone Platform. This facilitates implementation of Payment Applications for handling any type of payment card available: Visa Paywave, MasterCard MCL, JCB J/Speedy, Discover D-PAS, AmEx ExpressPay, Apple Pay etc.
Applications deployed in the Trusted Zone needs to be signed using a Signing Tool provided as part of the Cryptera SDK. The Trusted Security Zone manages applications and access to data and settings affecting the processing of payment transactions.
Applications in the Trusted Security Zone can utilize cryptography, encryption services and keys available in the High Security Zone to form secure links with exterior Cryptera devices (EPP, SCR etc) to protect and to get sensitive data processed in the payment transactions. All these features make it easier for Cryptera partners to create PA-DSS compliant solutions working with payment processors all over the world.
REDUCE THE BURDEN OF PCI COMPLIANCE
Not only does the Cryptera Multizone Platform assist our partners in creating PA-DSS compliant solutions, it also relieves some of the burden related to PCI DSS compliance for integrators and merchants:
Card data are transported in encrypted form between devices, they are processed on a secure platform, application integrity is verified, and access to make configuration changes is restricted. All this will be highly appreciated by the PCI DSS Qualified Security Accessor that performs the evaluation of the complete solution.
MULTIZONE PLATFORM FEATURES
HIGH SECURITY ARCHITECTURE
- Supports a range of cryptographic schemes needed for PCI compliance, like AES, 3DES, RSA, SHA and ECC
- Hardware security features like tamper detection mechanisms, secure key storage and True Random Number Generator (TRNG)
- Multiple key load and key management schemes are included, like sRKL and cRKL, TR-34, DUKPT, TR-31 & Master/Session
- The optimized cryptographic processing of the secure MPU ensures fast payment transaction
FLEXIBILITY FOR APPROVALS
- The security of the Trusted Security Zone facilitate PA-DSS and thus PCI DSS compliance
- The platform includes EMV kernels for contact and contactless payment
- Broad range of contactless payment card schemes are supported (Visa Paywave™, MasterCard MCL™, JCB J/Speedy™, Discover D-PAS™, AmEx ExpressPay™, Apple Pay™)
- Provides a wide range of connectivity options like Ethernet, USB, RS232 modules
SUPPORT BROAD RANGE OF PAYMENT SOLUTIONS
- Designed to ensure flexibility and security in current and future payment systems
- The Cryptera product range will expand to include “all-in-one” payment, CryptoTouch, modular payment & PIN verification solutions
- The Cryptera Multizone Platform is Linux based
- The Cryptera Software Development Kit (SDK) provides a complete set of resources for developing payment applications on the Multizone Platform